Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Funny article I found

Anyone who's been in the military has a very close relationship with his or her bowels. It's a preoccupation that would probably strike most civilians as disturbing. I've had to reflect on this as I proofread my draft. There's a preponderance of references to vomiting, urinating, or defecating, usually as a joke from one of my characters. I've wondered if I should edit some of these out.

But now I remember that while this sort of topic will come off as adolescent to some, it's a true reflection of how people in the military behave. I'm not lying when I assert that every soldier, sailor, marine, and airman I've ever met (including myself) has not one, but an arsenal of poop stories. This is one of the better ones I've read. I hope you get as much of a kick out of it as I did.

"Case Study" Ramadi: A Ranger Looks Back